Cashew Cookie Balls
- 3/4 cup unsalted corn oil margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- confectioners' sugar
- Cream together margarine, sugar and vanilla in a small mixing bowl until light.
- Stir in flour until blended; mix in cashews.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into balls; place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until done. Do not overbake.
- Cool on wire racks, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar when cooled.
NOTE: Unsalted corn oil margarine and unsalted cashews are a boon to anyone on a low-sodium diet or reducing diet, as restricting salt intake reduces water retention.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Oct 2001 [from "The Complete Dessert Cookbook" by Johna Blinn,
Home page -
Chaz ("Hazel") -